For those who have not attended a comic book workshop led by Leah Lovise, the Collaborative Worksheet is a fun way to learn how to create comics as part of a team.
writing, penciling, inking, lettering, and coloring.
Participants get in teams of collaborators (Writer, Penciler, Inker, Letterer and Color Artist) and pass the worksheet around the table to create a three-panel comic strip!
Once you have downloaded the worksheet, follow the steps below.
1. Fold the page inward along the dotted line so that the mad lib at the top doesn’t show.
2. Have your “writer” fill in the invisible columns with the correct number of words (and correct parts of speech, as indicated).
3. Unfold the worksheet and fill in the Mad Lib, then share the story with your collaborators!
4. Pass the worksheet to your penciler, who sketches out the story (beginning, middle, and end) in three panels.
5. Pass the worksheet along to the person(s) who will ink, then letter, and then color your collaborative comic strip!
Need a quick reminder of the different Parts of Speech?
noun: a person, place, or thing (grandma, room, chair)
adjective: a word that describes a noun (smelly, green, alive)
verb: a word that shows an action (run, jump, play)
adverb: a word that describes doing an action (quickly, gracefully, badly)
interjection: a word that expresses emotion (Hey! Oh! Wow!)
onomatopoeia: a word that imitates a sound (bang, splash, buzz)
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD!
Share this collaboration by submitting worksheets on-line via Instagram using the hashtag #courivine